Introduction to the Internship Program
Internships provide students with the opportunity to gain real world experience in settings outside of the classroom. The experience is designed to meet both academic and applied learning goals. The purpose of the BankLEAD Internship Program is to provide a practical and intensive training to individuals who genuinely desire working in the banking industry. Students will be able to apply information learned in the classroom, build work history, expand professional skillsets, and lay the foundation to a career in the banking, or other professional, industry. Banks benefit with fresh ideas from readily equipped interns, completion of important projects put on hold, and creative ways for recruiting Indiana’s banking industry to take the next step in creating and expanding a new generation of banking talent. By working together, Indiana’s banking and educational institutions can produce strong leaders for our industry and our state.
- Provide a resource for top college students to explore the Indiana banking industry and the career options that are available.
- To increase student ability to function as an effective employee of a bank.
- To allow the student to gain customer service experience and acquire firsthand knowledge of specific bank processes.
- Provide college students with an understanding of how local banks impact their communities and the local economy.
- Provide a resource for member banks to locate and recruit for relevant internships.
- Offer a wide range of learning opportunities and work-related banking experience while with a community bank in Indiana.
- To increase the visibility of the Indiana banking industry.
For a full explanation and guideline of the program or for the student application or bank interest form, please select from the links below:
Indiana Banking Internship Program Student Application (to be submitted by February 15)
Indiana Banking Internship Program Bank Interest Form (to be submitted by February 15)