The Five Star Member Program recognizes those IBA members which exemplify this spirit by making outstanding commitments in five designated areas, measured by the most recently completed calendar year:
- Political awareness – A Five Star Member will be an Indiana BANKPAC fair share supporter. A bank’s fair share goal is $6 per million dollars in Indiana deposits.
- Issues advocacy – A Five Star Member will have a minimum of five documented grassroots contacts and will have been represented by at least one director, officer or employee at a designated grassroots event. Contacts may include emails, letters, phone calls and personal visits. Grassroots events include the IBA Legislative Reception and Briefing, the Future Leadership Division Day at the Statehouse, IBA regional meetings, the IBA Annual Washington Trip, and grassroots events sponsored by the American Bankers Association or Independent Community Bankers of America.
- Life-long learning – A Five Star Member will have invested, during the most recent calendar year, in IBA educational programs and products in an amount equal to or greater than its membership dues.
- Volunteerism – A Five Star Member will be represented by at least one director, officer or employee on an IBA committee or board.
- Preferred Service Provider utilization – A Five Star Member will have utilized at least three IBA Preferred Service Providers (PSPs) during the most recent calendar year.
For more information about the IBA Five Star Member program, contact Josh Myers, 317-333-7165.